26.10.11

~Yarn along~

Joining in with Ginny of small things



Still working on my scarf - but it´s nearly finished!!! It´s took me 3 weeks already! By now I can do the pattern  by heart and I am definitely getting faster , which is good as I have to do the exact same one again as a Christmas present for my MIL. At least it´ll be a different colour..
I am reading two very interesting books at the moment, Vanishing England was written in 1910 and is about the vanishing of the old traditional look of England caused by industrialisation. Thinking of what has happened since then is just simply mindblowing. I love reading this , as it gives a lovely insight to what life was like in my new homecountry.
Also reading timeless simplicity which is a good read too. Both books were charity shop finds for 50p each..

4 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when you score on books like you did? Our library sells books and we've been able to get a whole bunch for 25 cents to 1$ each. The scarf pattern looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarf is beautiful! I love the color and texture, it looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see your scarf is getting there, books look interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ach wie wunderschön. Der wird ja immer schöner. Ich sitze immer noch an meinen Socken, der Schal, aber ein anderes Modell, wartet hier auf mich.

    ReplyDelete