5.10.11

Yarn along


Not the best quality picture...
I am joining in with Ginny from small things , after finishing Jamie´s scarf I am now onto a lovely gathered scarf  for myself and I am learning some new things like k2tog and *kfb* ! I absolutely adore merino wool - so this is James C. Brett pure merino wool. Isn´t the colour just gorgeous?

Reading knitty gritty by Amanda Patel, brillant for an absolute beginner like me - very clear explanations and lovely projects! :)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kimmy. That color IS gorgeous! The yarn looks so lovely and soft.

    The Charlotte Mason books come in 6 volumes. She writes on various aspects of her philosophy towards education. We home educate so I have found her works inspiring and sensible. You can read them for free onine at http://www.amblesideonline.org

    Blessings
    Shirley Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty yarn - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour. All those knitting terms scare me, think Il stick to knit and purl for a while hehe

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Merino too, so soft. And the shades in the James C. Brett are gorgeous, I have knitted quite a few things with it and still have a little in my stash. Your scarf is going to be so lovely for the colder weather that I hear is heading our way very soon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. that color IS beautiful. i will check that book out. as i peruse all these great projects on these sites at the yarn along i wonder if i will ever advance beyond shawls and scarves! a book fore VERY beginners...that could be helpful! lol

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. the color is gorgous as is your knitting, you'll need a more advanced book soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wunderbare Farbe und das Buch klingt interessant, ich musste eben auch bei amazon mal schauen. Es ist schon auf meinem Wunschzettel gelandet

    ReplyDelete