23.1.11

Lovely weekend...!

Oh  what a lovely weekend I had! Yesterday I met up with Frances (wonderwoman of the green parent forum ) in Chester. We had a nice drink in a lovely pub , and the time flew by! How nice it is to meet someone new and discover there is so much you can talk about with that person!
Afterwards I had a lovely walk around the shops and finally got some lovely metal tin buckets , spades, watering can for Jamie´s sandpit. I am on a plastic throw out mission at the moment and his sandpit is overflowing with horrible cheap plastic things.
He loves his little buckets and has been playing with them all the time.
Today we went to Eastham Ferry for a nice walk in the woods - we collected some wood to make treeblocks  ourselves. Jamie had a nice time running around and seeing all the dogs. I collected some stones and branches and jamie loved playing with all those little stones. I really wouldn´t have expected that, but you can give this child anything and he finds a way to play with it. And he´s only 2!
These last 2 weeks have seen so many changes: No TV (which is working fab!), hardly any plastic and lots of natural playthings. Jamie is transformed, he is playing and playing and playing...
I have started reading Heaven on Earth and it is one amazing book. I cannot put it down, it reminds me so much of my own childhood, the magic of playing and just being a child.. far too many children don´t get that anymore - they grow up far too quickly..
Off to carry on reading..

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog you have started. I love HOE too. I also love your bunk bed find -- my little girls would love to have that for their dollies - as my girls also sleep in a bunk.

    Many blessings to you, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole,
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog and feel so thankful for you to comment ! That bunkbed really is beautiful - i have crocheted some pillows and blankets for it. I have to say, though, that Jamie doesn´t really play with it (yet) but as I am a childminder I am sure there will be a girl someday to play with it :) , if i could pack it flat i´d send it over...:)
    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete