Oh I haven´t posted for quiet a while..
Jamie hasn´t slept very well til a couple of days as he got the last little bit off his tooth.. he is also cutting down on his sleep in the daytime, he only ever sleeps about 45 minutes now (plus 12 hours at night so not complaining!!!)..
I bought Jamie his first doll, he calls it Bobo (he is obsessed with a german book called bobo siebenschläfer ;-) ) and gives it kisses and cuddles. he also tucks it in it´s bed. it´s sooo cute! I guess he´ll be playing with it quiet a bit.
I have got another big myriad order coming, i ordered some kite paper, modeling beeswax, a childrens dustpan and brush (jamie loves the brush!!), a small stacking tower, the spring board book and a little wooden car..
it should come tomorrow and am quiet excited. I have been throwing out so much stuff and felt it might be nice to get a couple of new bits in.
Jamie is mainly playing with his stones at the moment. he also loves tea towels and muslin cloths , he wraps everything in them and puts them on his head.
We are into week4 with no tv and we do not miss it. at all. I have cut down on my own laptop use (i rarely watch tv) and am only on it for 30 minutes when jamie naps and in the evening for 1.5 hours. some of that time is doing paperwork for my job.
I have had so many memories from my childhood / youth flooding my dreams this week - i always sleep weird when the new moon is coming... some things i remembered were things from when i was very little and i wrote them all down..
Jamie made me laugh tonight.. he has such a healthy diet and has now discovered he LOVES pumpkin seeds... he was so excited about them... he also LOVES his herbal tea. he doesn´t eat ANY sugar at all , has all homecooked healthy food and has probably eaten more vegetables and fruits in his life than some adults!! he eats only wholegrains, too!!no wheat, dairy as he is intolerant...am quiet proud of myself. he loves his food....ohh and he loves cod liver oil - strange child!!!
It sounds like Jamie has such a healthy diet! It's brilliant! I'm really glad the TV thing is still going well for you. We've been TV free for about 3 1/2 years now (well they watch one DVD of their choice on a sunday afternoon but thats it) It's only since little L has started having loads of tantrums recently that I wished we weren't TV free. Hopefully it's just stage thing...................It's quite hard to cope with!
ReplyDeleteNow the cod liver oil thing, that is amazing, I used to hate that stuff when I was younger!
Oh tantrums are great aren´t they? I don´t think i have ever come across a child who hasn´t had tantrums though.. it´s a very important development stage they go through - i see it as something positive. i know it´s hard to deal with but it does go after a while...til the next phase!
ReplyDeleteYes the cod liver oil is amazing.. he has got lax muscles and the paediatrician recommended that he has 5ml every day - i mix it in some fruit puree and he gobbles it up and shouts more!! he loves fish too! we had tuna fillets the other day and he ate a whole fillet. sorry, i know your a vegetarian - but we only eat organic meat and fish :)
i have noticed a big improvement in his mood since he takes cod liver oil, it´s full of omega 3 :)
I think he´s eating so healthily because i need to cook everything for him due to his allergies.. i have got some brillant cookbooks for children and the recipes are all so easy.
for him raisins are such a big treat---apple juice also LOL
Maybe I should be giving K and L a cod liver oil supplement b/c they're veggie? It might help with L's stage stage she is going through right now! I wish I was as good as you health wise, the children eat lots of fruit and veg but I love to bake so I can't resist giving them cake and then I feel a bit guilty!
ReplyDeleteI am so careful with Jamie´s food as we had soo many problems with his digestive system. his first year he had to be medicated for severe reflux and this is why i want to give his body a chance to recover from the medicine. also he has got allergies and is highly effected by refined sugar, he turns into a monster child.. i do bake for him , but use honey to sweeten. for example when i bake flapjacks i use honey and lots of raisins and apricots that make them sweet as well.
ReplyDeleteif you don´t want to give cod liver oil , you can give ground flax seeds, poppy seeds , hemp seeds , sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds. you can buy them ground up in holland and barret.
i read "optimum nutrition for your child" of patrick holford and it gives some brillant advice. i saw him live last year and he is very knowledged.
Jamie gets so grumpy when he hasnt had cod liver oil for a couple of days..