28.3.12

~*~ Yarn along ~*~




Oh I so so abandon this blog! Jamie has been ill on and off the last 3 weeks - ever since his vaccinations really.
The weather also turned into summer mode overnight so that we're out in the garden all day long which is lovely!
I finished the yello Milo vest, it fits perfectly. I even managed to knit another on in a lovely red merino wool with no mistakes visible :D !

Now I am onto an autumn/winter jumper - the pattern is called TAMA and I am knitting it with the loveliest Malabrigo Worsted yarn! I don't think I have ever seen a lovelier yarn!!
If anyone can tell me what it means to "slip onto waste yarn" I would even be able to carry on knitting *blush*

Reading Paleo Parents new cookbook "Eat like a dinosaur" - as both me and Jamie are eating paleo this is a wonderful resource - not only for paleo-people - for anyone really who wants to cook nutrient dense meals for their kids. It's shock full of advice and brillant recipes including a big treat section ! We have already made the anytime cookies, kale chips, nut butter smoothie, apple cupcakes and none of the recipes has disappointed yet!

Anyway I will be trying to post about our life once a week from now on as I am sure to be happy to be able to remember all the little things in our life!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh the color is beautiful!! "slip onto waste yarn" means to slip however many stitches the pattern tells you onto some yarn to hold them for later on. Usually because you are going to be working on the sleeves so the back/front stitches need to be in waiting for when you will work on them. Does that make any sense? I hope I didn't make the explanation more difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope healthy days are ahead for you and your family! How crazy to have a sickness linger in the house. Beautiful blue yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been great weather. Not really the weather for knitting anything heavy. Your yarn sounds lovely. Hope it grows quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been enjoying the fabulous weather too, love it! You've been busy getting not one but two Milo's done! Jen has it right for the waste yarn. When I slip my stitches on the waste yarn I always just tie it into a bow to keep the ends together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone, i managed to do it just fine :D !!

    ReplyDelete