29.2.12

Yarn Along **Milo Vest**

Inspired by Ginny



I haven't knitted since before Christmas as somehow I felt completely burnt out after the manic Christmas run-up , trying to get the scarf for my MIL ready.. 
When I saw friends talking about a lovely childrens vest called MILO I knew I had to try knitting it. So when I got the pattern I was somewhat disheartened as it requires knitting in the round. So far I have only knitted two very simple hats and two gathered scarves so I thought I would never ever be able to do this!!
With the help of a good friend and youtube and a technique called the "Magic Loop" I have actually produced something similar to a Milo and it is working. OK it's by no means perfect , some little mistakes visible BUT I have been doing "Learning by doing" and I think that the second MILO will be a breathe!
I have left out the cable pattern though ;) !
The Yarn is "Sublime Baby Cashmere Merino Silk" and is wonderfully soft!!

Reading myself through all the wonderful "Hawthorn Early Years Series" , at the moment it's The Genius of natural childhood which is theoretical and practical with lots of nursery rhymes, fairy tales and songs. 
Also reading the "Paleo Diet" as still going strong on the Paleo Diet and so far have lost 14kg and feeling great!

7 comments:

  1. Your version of the Milo vest looks great! I love Youtube and how it helps learn new skills. You are doing a wonderful job. I bet that baby cashmere merino silk feels just heavenly!
    Happy yarn along day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your Milo looks great, I really love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, your Milo is great, lovely colour. I'm currently working on the same thing. I haven't done much knitting in the round before either but I'm quite liking it, especially when I remind myself that there no sewing up at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that wonderful color for the Milo. And yeah for trying knitting in the round. You can do it! And yes, learning by doing is what happens to all of us. I'm learning a lot and adding in new stitches, techniques, etc...I used to only use long straight needles and thought I'd never learn how to use circulars or dpns. Now I must say, I probably won't ever go back to straight needles unless the pattern specifically calls for it - you can use your circular needle as a straight one. Glad that you have a knitting friend to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kimmy. What a stunning colour and well done you for learning another new skill. Starting out with paelo myself this last week, so good to see that you are doing well on it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the yellow shade of your yarn! It is the perfect color for a vest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the yellow, I think your Milo looks great!

    ReplyDelete