2.11.11

~Yarn along~

inspired by  Ginny 


This week I have started an identical gathered scarf for my MIL as a christmas present. At least it´s a different colour but I have found I need a bit of different knitting too so have started a series of very simple dishcloths - it´s a bamboo cotton yarn and so lovely to knit with. One cloth is finished already and how good are they!!!! Will never ever go back to those rubbishy shop bought ones.. It´s my favourite colour as well !
Reading a book the lovely Jacqui has sent me in a bookswap, it´s promising to be a very interesting read and how pretty is  the book cover!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, the cover is beautiful. And I like the knitted projects - must knit up some dishcloths. Do you like the bamboo? It works well as a cloth? Holds up well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty color for a scarf, I think your MIL will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is pretty as is your knitting. I agree...hand knit dish cloths are the best! I think your MIL will love this scarf, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ja yippie, ich bin wieder da. Wie schön, von dir zu lesen. Ach, wäre es nicht toll, wenn wir uns einfach mit den Jungs treffen könnten? Hach.

    Ich hab in diesem Jahr auch angefangen, Abwaschlappen selber zu machen und benutze dafür Baumwolle. Die sind so viel besser als die gekauften. Außerdem kann ich Muster ausprobieren, wie ich lustig bin. Trotzdem werd ich dafür regelmäßig schräg angeschaut.

    Hab ein schönes Wochenende. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, your book has a very appealing cover; also, I like your dishcloths - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your MIL is sure to love the scarf. Ad your dishcloths are lovely. I have a little addction to crochet dishcloths now, in bamboo and cotton mix. J bought a pack of those awful sponge things a few months ago and I went and put them in the childrens painting box lol. We do not need anythnig other than our lovely handcrochet bamboo cloths!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such pretty colors and knitting and i love the cover of that book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks everyone -
    ellen, yes the bamboo cotton is holding up really well, it´s really soft but strong. It would make wonderful soft facecloths too.
    Becks, I can´t stand those sponge things , they feel so wrong LOL

    MIL will love that scarf, it´s just finding the inspiration to knit it as I have knit the identical one for the last 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete